Friday, June 3, 2011

Presto Change-o

 I am really lucky to be able to walk down the hall from my bedroom in the early morning hours, in my jammies, and get right back to whatever sewing or quilting project I left from the last session.  But, my sewing studio doubles as our guest room.  Sounds familiar, right?  And it is now June.  You know what that means.  Time to magically transform the sea of fabric, thread, books, magazines, rulers, sketches and bins into a welcoming space for visitors.  Great to have company - awful to loose sewing space!!
This time, I'm going to get sneaky and move one of my sewing tables into the bedroom.  Where?  Well, I think it will fit - just fit - next to hubby's side of the bed between the bed and the sliding doors that open onto the little balcony.  While he is laying back playing Angry Birds on his Ipod, I will be continuing on my project!  Our guild show is this fall and the pressure is on to submit new work!
Next challenge?  Well, the guests we have coming next week include:   one diabetic, one lactose-intolerent vegetarian who is allergic to soy, and two people on the Blood Type Diet (?!) - with different blood types, natch.  I have the lists of foods to avoid, the acceptable lists, and no clue what to prepare.  Thankfully, it is early June in Southern California and fresh delicious produce is king!  I will be packing all these lovely, but cuisine headache prone folks off to the Farmer's Market to choose their own food!  Ha!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like it is time to teach hubby to sew, and to make the weekend a "fix your food the way you like it!" one!

    ReplyDelete